Take a Look at Our Amazing Eyewear Collection!
We feature a quality selection of fashionable eyeglasses and premium, brand-name contact lenses at The Contact Lens Centers. With 3 convenient locations in Dallas and Carrollton, it’s easy to stop by and benefit from our exceptional care and great optical.
Our optical staff looks forward to helping you select the best eyewear for your vision prescription, lifestyle requirements, and unique fashion taste! Eyeglasses need to give you sharp vision and a flattering look for your face. See what our opticians recommend.
All patients, new and returning, are treated with patience and no pressure to reach a hasty decision. Superior customer service is our goal, and we want you to be thrilled with your eyewear and your experience at The Contact Lens Centers.
The Leading Source for Contact Lenses Near You
Are you interested in starting with contact lenses or switching types? Do you need to replenish your supply of contact lenses? With our first-rate team of contact lenses experts and extensive selection, there’s no need to wonder Where can I buy contact lenses?
In our optical stores in Dallas and Carrollton, we stock a full inventory of contact lenses from premium brand-name manufacturers. No matter what your vision prescription, we can satisfy it from our selection – including soft lenses, rigid gas permeable contacts, hard-to-fit and specialty contacts, such as bifocal/multifocal and hybrid versions. We also carry contact lenses in a variety of wearing schedules to suit your lifestyle needs and ocular condition, such as daily disposables, weekly and monthly lenses.
To optimize the quality of your vision and eye comfort, contact lenses must fit precisely. That’s why it’s important to schedule a thorough contact lens eye exam with an experienced and skilled professional – and The Contact Lens Centers is the perfect place! Our eye doctors have been fitting contacts for clear and comfortable vision for more than 35 years. We will use cutting-edge technology to measure your eyes and fit you with the ideal contact lenses. To begin wearing contact lenses or to check that your prescription is current and your eyes are healthy, contact us to reserve a contact lens eye exam in our optometry offices in Dallas and Carrollton, TX.
About contact lenses
It is estimated that 24 million Americans wear contacts, 80 percent of those users have every day wear soft lenses. Ordinarily, there exist 2 varieties of contacts that are prescribed at The Contact Lens Centers, consisting of the following:
- The rigid, gas-permeable lens
- The soft, water-absorbing lens
Reading a contact lens prescription A prescription for contact lenses consists of much more relevant information than what is available on the prescription for eyeglasses. Special measurements are recorded of the curve of the eye. Additionally, your eye doctor will determine if the eyes are too dry for contact lenses and if there exist any corneal concerns that might stop an individual from using contacts. Trial lenses are generally tested on the eyes for a certain period of time to guarantee a good fit. The contact lens prescription ordinarily includes the following facts:
- Contact lens strength (measured in diopters, similar to eyeglasses).
- Contact lens base curvature. Diameter of the contact lens.
Eye care specialists are mandated by federal law to provide you a duplicate of your contact lens requirements.
How to Understand Your Eyeglass Prescription
The lens intensity of glasses is gauged in diopters. This calculation demonstrates the quantity of strength necessary to focus pictures directly onto the retina. When you are reviewing an eyeglass prescription, you should find the following abbreviations:
- O.D. Oculus dextrous merely refers to the right eye (at times the abbreviation RE is utilized).
- O.S. Oculus sinister pertains to the left eye (occasionally the abbreviation LE is made use of).
Also, the eyeglass prescription may include the following measurements:
- Sphere. This numerical calculation demonstrates the level of the nearsightedness or hyperopia.
- Cylinder. This number calculation refers to the magnitude of astigmatism (an irregularly shaped cornea which leads to blurring) in the eyeball.
- Axis. This numerical measurement describes the orientation of the astigmatism in degrees.
- Bifocal is another power in the lens and has an extra measurement noted on the prescription as “add” to identify the power of the lens.
What are the various kinds of eyeglass lenses?
The sort of lenses utilized in glasses is based on y our vision needs, and might include:
- Concave lenses – thinnest in the middle. Utilized to rectify nearsightedness (myopia), the numerical prescription in diopters is always noted with a minus (-) symbol.
- Convex lenses are thickest in the center, like a magnifying glass. Utilized to fix farsightedness (hyperopia), the numerical prescription in diopters is consistently marked with a plus (+) symbol.
- Cylindrical lenses curve more in one direction than in the other and are commonly used to rectify astigmatism.
Glasses for children
If old enough, help your children have a participatory role in choosing his or her personal eyeglasses. The following are aspects to think about when acquiring eyeglasses for kids:
- Shatterproof and impact resistant lenses, specifically for kids who compete in intense sporting activities
- Scratch-resistant coating on the lenses
- Spring-loaded frames that are much less likely to become twisted or warped
- Silicone nose pads that hinder eyeglasses from falling
- Cable temples (ear pieces that twist the ear) are advised in youngsters under four years old. Straps might also be strongly recommended to keep the glasses in place.
Choosing a Frame is an Important Decision, and our Staff in Dallas and Carrollton can help
Making a decision about your eyewear goes beyond good vision and makes a statement about who you are. Your decision affects how you see and also how you want to be seen by others. But with so many different styles to choose from, getting the right look for your face and your lifestyle can be overwhelming.
Our staff in Dallas and Carrollton will help you find the best fit for your specific needs and explain how different lenses and frames will impact your vision. They will help you narrow down your choices so you can find the look, fit and functionality you want from your eye-wear.
We offer a large selection of eyeglasses, contact lenses and designer frames and sunglasses. We can easily accommodate your needs whether you are in search of a high fashion boutique style frame or a more practical everyday look.
New clients and all our current patients are welcome to visit us in our offices in Dallas and Carrollton with their current prescription - no appointment necessary.
- We'd like to help you narrow your search with a few designer brands we are particularly fond of. We can take photos of you as well, to help you.
- We carry a large variety of top designer frames for both eyeglasses and sunglasses.
- We offer a wide range of contact lenses to fit your needs including contact lens exams and evaluations.